[bcbirdclub] waterfowl in Breaks Park

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:04:57 -0500

Yesterday brought 3 Pied-billed Grebe & a female Ruddy Duck to Laurel Lake. I
reported this to Jayd Raines(park naturalist), who joined me for a look.
Interestingly, Jayd mentioned his sighting(a year ago) of some gorgeous Hooded
Mergansers on the lake. When we parted, I proceeded to check out the Beaver
pond & guess what? there were 6 Hooded Mergansers and a lone female Wood Duck.
Later, at home, I flushed a Great-bl Heron from the creek near our bridge-after
dark-twice...
DaveR/Breaks.VA