[bcbirdclub] rufous

  • From: "Mathis" <weer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 21:09:20 -0400

Be on the lookout for the attached adult, male rufous hummingbird. It was
banded in Alleghany County on August 28 at a home near the Blue Ridge Parkway.
At the time of banding, a bit of paint was placed on the top of its head. See
the photo. The rufous left the home on September 12. Should you see the
attached rufous with the paint on its head, please let me know. I'll pass along
the info to the bander and to the home owner.

Cecelia Mathis
Sparta, NC

PS: Please forward this email and the photo to any lists you can that are not
listed in the “Cc” line.