[bcbirdclub] re-unusual sighting

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 12:40:54 -0800 (PST)

Jerry,
I have been watching the deer carcass and I saw the
Red-tailed Hawk with a group of Crows and Common
Ravens yesterday. Also, this morning I saw the Golden
Eagle on the carcass. After I went on up into Corn
Valley and came back the Golden Eagle was back on the
carcass again. I took Laverne with me later and the
eagle was not there but we did see a different eagle.
The one on the carcass was a 2nd year(still some
white) but the one sitting in a tree was an adult (no
white and a darker mantle). We saw 2 more Golden
Eagles when we went on into Corn Valley. Later this
afternoon I saw a Red-tailed Hawk feeding on the
carcass again.