[bcbirdclub] Re: ospreys/owl

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

No, I haven't seen any Ospreys recently. Good find at Conaway.

  Michelle

CHERYL <thompsone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          I told Roger, I saw two Osprey here on the Levisa at Conaway on
Sunday... I had not seen an Osprey in 2 months and I haven't seen them this
week... Have you seen anymore Michelle Talbott?

  A friend on Conaway just told me about an apparent Great Horned Owl they've
had visting for about three years now... He sits on their deck banister and
eats crawdads from her back yard... He leaves the pinchers for her to clean
up... hehehe!... She cleaned up two pinchers this morning... She said her
husband finds small crawdads in the yard, but the owl must find quite large
ones, from the size of the pinchers he leaves.

A few members of the family have went out of the deck, only to be surprised by
the owl sitting there on the railing... She said his size and wingspan is a
little scary... He has become somewhat accustom to them, he has even sat on top
of the coal truck bed while the guys next door work on their truck.

  Cheryl
  Conaway, VA

 Get your own web address.