[bcbirdclub] Re: new yard bird...

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <heckofanurse@xxxxxxx>, "bird club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:53:37 -0500

Travis,
The comet you are referring to is Comet Lulin. It can be seen in the
southeastern sky after sunset with binoculars or a small powered telescope.
Here is a link that shows where and when to look. Remember to scroll down the
page to get to the drawing that shows the comet's position in the sky. 9:00 p.m
is a good time to see it.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/highlights/35992534.html

You and anyone else who is interested, are welcome to come up here on the
mountain to see the comet from our place. We have a good view of the sky.