[bcbirdclub] You scratch my neck and I will . . . .

  • From: wdunson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wad4@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:26:41 +0000 (UTC)

Wood ducks are pairing up in preparation for breeding. The gorgeous male of
this pair at Urfer Park in Sarasota, FL, was preening the drab female by
tickling her neck. He just might expect something in return ! Wood ducks nest
in tree cavities so the female is not visible to predators but her camouflaged
pattern could help if she is hiding the babies after they hatch.

Bill Dunson
276-233-6364 cell text