[bcbirdclub] Winged Planet - Saturday Night - Discovery Channel

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 23:18:12 -0400

For those of you who didn't see the footage on NBC NEWS this evening, a new two
hour program called Winged Planet will air at 8:00 p.m. Saturday night on the
Discovery channel. It's not one that has been shown before. It follows birds in
flight to different locations, but it covers more than just birds. The footage
is absolutely spectacular. From what was said in the program trailer every type
of flying equipment was put into use in the making of this film. One small,
evidently remote controlled, machine that was flying low over a marsh was
something I had never seen before. Some of the footage was also taken from
cameras mounted on tame geese and falcons. The fantastic quality seems to be
similar to that in the film series, Planet Earth.

Now, if the program just isn't interrupted every 5 minutes with commercials the
way Planet Earth was, it should be a great program.

Thanks to Larry Pinson for sending me the info concerning channel and time,
which I missed. I think I was too absorbed with the great bird footage to
listen to what was being said.