[bcbirdclub] Willow flycatchers near fledging

  • From: wdunson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Westernvancnature <westernvancnature@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 01:23:42 +0000 (UTC)

We have four pairs of willow flycatchers near our house but I have been able to
find only two of the nests, both in red-twigged dogwoods.

The first nest fledged at least one week ago. As of today the second nest has
two very large young which barely fit into the nest. One of the parents is
shown which was calling nearby.

Bill Dunson

Galax, VA