[bcbirdclub] White bird revisited

  • From: wdunson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wad4@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 22:46:56 +0000 (UTC)

The unusual white bird is still present on our VA farm and continues to
tantalize me just daring me to get a decent photo! The difficulty is that I am
at the maximum 50 x zoom of my camera and it is hard to hold it steady when I
have buck fever anyway. I did get a somewhat better side view which I think
clarifies the issue.

I am convinced that this is an albino redwing.

The concensus has been common grackle but I think the shorter tail and bill in
this new view rule that out. Also the habitat here is prime for redwings but we
have very few grackles.

the saga continues-

Bill Dunson
Galax, VA