[bcbirdclub] White Oak Creek - Rockcastle Co, KY

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 20:36:40 -0400

Michelle, Chazzy and I enjoyed a great hike up White Oak Creek in
Rockcastle County today. Warblers were at every turn and we located
Louisiana Waterthrush, Ovenbirds, Cerulean, Kentucky, Black-and-white,
Yellow-throated, Hooded, Parula, Prairie, American Redstart, Worm-eating,
Chat, Black-throated Green, Palm, and the best of all - Michelle found a
Brewster's Warbler among the many Blue-winged Warblers we saw on the hike.
Other migrants included White-eyed, Red-eyed and Blue-headed Vireo, Scarlet
Tanagers, Baltimore Orioles, Broad-winged Hawks, Indigo Buntings, and
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. Wildflowers and butterflies were everywhere. It was
a great day to be out in nature.

For those interested, here is a link to our hike pictures.
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/rock7

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY