[bcbirdclub] Warblers, Vireos, Broad-winged Hawks - Russell County, VA

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 04:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

Laverne and I went birding in the Northern part of Russell County yesterday,
4-10. We saw or heard 5 species of warblers (Yellow-throated, Prairie, Black &
White, Black-throated Green, Lousiana Waterthrush), 4 species of Vireo
(White-eyed, Red-eyed, Yellow-throated, Blue-headed), 2 Broad-winged Hawks,
several Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Purple Finch and a Loggerhed Shrike on River
Mountain Road. I have attached a link to some photos taken this last week.

 http://www.pbase.com/opiehunter/spring_2011

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA