[bcbirdclub] Warbler Invasion

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 23:21:03 -0400

Hi All,
Late this afternoon a flock of 12 warbler species and other migrants descended
on my yard stream. The action was fast and furious for about half an hour. The
warblers were
BLACK-AND-WHITE, BLACKBURNIAN, BAY-BREASTED, BLACK-THROATED BLUE,
BLACK-THROATED GREEN, CHESTNUT-SIDED, KENTUCKY, MAGNOLIA, NORTHERN PARULA,
TENNESSEE, WORM-EATING AND YELLOW-THROATED.

It was fantastic. I managed to get photos of all of them. They can be seen at
http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/migrants_sept_1_10

At one time I thought I saw smoke rising from my camera :)

Buchanan County