[bcbirdclub] Various Hikes over Past Couple Months

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:02:26 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Michelle, Chazzy and I had a great hike along White Oak Creek (part of
Sheltowee Trace) in Rockcastle County, KY on Sunday.  Highlight was a feeder
flock that contained 3 Blackburians, Magnolia, Blackpoll, Pine and several
Tennessee and Chestnut-sided Warblers.  We also saw or heard Hooded and
Worm-eating Warblers, Gnatcatchers, and Red-eyed and Yellow-throated Vireo.  I
also noted an Osprey over Lake Linville on Saturday while competing in the
Rockcastle Duathlon (5K run, 27K bike, 3.5K run).  For those interested here is
a link to our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/rock3 ;

I've also posted some pictures of a Swainson's Warbler taken over at the Breaks
Interstate Park at:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/claytor3 ;

And I finally got around to posting from pics from a couple hikes at the Miller
Welch / Central KY WMA in June.  There are a couple pictures of a Prairie
Warbler on here:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/miller18 ;

I'll try to post in a more timely manner in the future.

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY