[bcbirdclub] Valley Birding (fixed)

  • From: John Kelly <johnpeterkelly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:11:31 -0500

Sheri and I took a trip up I-81 today to see the Smith's Longspur at
Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport.  The bird was easily visible and
despite flying a few times it always returned to a visible spot near the
road.  We also visited a nearby pond and saw a Trumpeter Swan and several
duck species.

On the way home we spotted a pair of Osprey at the Mountain Empire
Airport.  Sheri was quick enough to snap a picture, which I've attached.

-John & Sheri
Abingdon, VA