[bcbirdclub] Re: [Va-bird] Golden Eagle and Common Raven Dogfight Part II

  • From: Sandy Hevener <hevener@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Carrier <donc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:04:42 -0500

Nice documentation! We (Highland Eagle Survey) get reports of such dogfights in Highland County. Folks report both ravens and crows harassing Bald Eagles & Golden Eagles. Anyone know if the big birds rob eggs or chicks from the "smaller" birds' nests? Interestingly, people report groups of vultures feeding on carrion scattering when an eagle flies in. Judging from what shows up in the game camera I use to document eagle activity, the ravens don't challenge/harass eagles when on the ground, but keep back and let them eat.

Sandy Hevener
Highland Eagle Survey

Don Carrier wrote:
Great Story and Great Photos!