[bcbirdclub] VSO Regional Editors Stepping Down

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BC Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 23:11:33 -0400

For the past twelve years my wife, Lynda, and I have been the regional
editors for the quarterly VSO publication, VIRGINIA BIRDS. We have covered
and compiled information about birds from the 14 westernmost counties of
Virginia. This week we sent in our last quarterly report. We have decided to
step aside and give someone else a chance to try their hand at it. We have
enjoyed communicating with several of you over the years about unusual bird
sightings you have had, and we appreciated many of you giving permission for
the use of your photos in VIRGINIA BIRDS.

A very capable and knowledgeable birder, Daniel "Zak" Poulton of Bristol,
has agreed to step in as the new Southwest Region editor. If you should
have information about birds or a sighting you feel Zak should be informed
about, you can contact Zak by email at <mailto:dzpoulton@xxxxxxxxx>
dzpoulton@xxxxxxxxx , or you can just post the information to this Buchanan
County Bird Club listserve. As Lynda and I did, Zak will be monitoring the
local listserves to gather information about bird sightings in this end of
the state.

We wish Zak the best with this new endeavor, and we look forward to reading
about the latest sightings and unusual finds of Southwest Virginia in
VIRGINIA BIRDS.

Roger & Lynda Mayhorn