[bcbirdclub] Unusual yard bird

  • From: Bob Sweaney <kypm62@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:02:16 -0400

We've had an Evening Grosbeak twice at our feeders over the years. We lived in
two different places in Pike County, Ky.  The first sighting was in the Ashcamp
community
on a very cold Jan 28, 1978 when my wife told me that it looked like we had a
goldfinch on steroids at the feeder.

The second time was at our home on Upper Chloe creek near Pikeville when on
Jan 28, 1996 there appeared an Evening Grosbeak again. (Yes the date is
correct).

I've been waiting every winter in hopes of seeing one again---or at least
someone from the bird club
seeing one.

Bob Sweaney