[bcbirdclub] Unusual Duck

  • From: roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bcbirdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 23:39:58 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to those of you who made suggestions about the origins of the  unusual
duck found on Slate Creek recently.
A couple of guys, Don Carrier and Larry Pinson suggested it was a Khaki
Campbell Duck. After looking at photos of that species I agree with them.
According to Wikipedia Khaki Campbells are a domestic duck that originated in
England around 1898 by the Campbell family. They are a cross between Mallards,
Rouen and Runner Ducks, and they can have blue bills.
Here is a link to a photo. http://www.metzerfarms.com/BreedPics/KCPair.jpg  If
you want to see more photos just google Khaki Campbell Duck.