[bcbirdclub] Unusual Birds Today on Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:54:26 -0400

This morning early there was a Pine Siskin on our thistle sock feeder and an
immature Purple Finch on the seed feeder. Shortly after that Lynda thought she
saw an unusual hummingbird at our feeder. Unfortunately, it didn't stay around
long enough for us to get a good look.

A Cooper's Hawk came in to take another cowbird.

Later, while walking our birding trail, I saw an Osprey fly by, then while
eating lunch a Red-breasted Nuthatch appeared at our suet feeder. It then
became interested in the thistle sock. I took this photo.
That's the nice thing about spring. Anything can show up.

Roger Mayhorn,
Compton Mt

JPEG image