[bcbirdclub] Turkeys, Foxes and more

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 23:42:23 -0400

Hi All,
For the last couple of days a flock of 9 turkeys, both adults and young, have
been feeding through our yard. Yesterday it was interesting because at one time
the turkeys were in the front yard near the large maple tree while the family
of foxes was nearer the yard pond. They couldn't see each other because of
flowers and shrubs. As far as I know the one never knew the other was there or
they chose to ignore each other. I find it hard to believe the foxes didn't
hear them or smell them. The turkeys finally fed across the yard and driveway
and into the neighbor's pasture. (photo attached)
By the way, the three baby foxes have increased to 5. Evidently a couple of
them were shy about coming into the open until they got a bit larger.

Yesterday I also saw a Kentucky Warbler coming to the yard stream to bathe.

Hopefully, we will see some of you Friday at the Breaks Park picnic.