[bcbirdclub] Tree Swallows, Golden Eagles, Beartown Mt-Russell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:22:57 -0700 (PDT)

Today, Richard Kretz and Dave Worley joined Laverne
and I for a hike on Beartown Mountain in Russell
County. It was a beautiful day with mild temperatures
and bright sunshine.
The highlights of the bird activity included 2 Tree
Swallows, first of season, and 4 Golden Eagles. This
hike allowed us to actually see the eagles soaring
below us instead of looking up at them. We found the
Tree Swallows at approximately 4000 ft elevation.
We also found evidence of the mountains namesake, bear
scat.
Complete bird list included:
Killdeer
American Robin