[bcbirdclub] The Big Sit - Saturday, October 16th

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:25:50 -0400

What is the Big Sit? It's an annual event where birders choose a spot and sit
(in chairs) or stand inside a 17 foot circle to see how many different species
of birds can be seen or heard from inside the circle. The event goes on for 24
hours, but you can participate as little or as much as you like. You just have
to be inside the circle when you count birds. Would anyone, bird club members
or not be interested in participating? We could make a picnic of it and just
enjoy being together outside in fall weather and seeing birds and other
wildlife.

If you are interested let me know, and also be thinking of  a good spot to
place our circle so that we can get as many birds as possible. You can read and
see more about the Big Sit at this site
http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit/index.php

Think about participating. It could be a fun day.