[bcbirdclub] Strange Yard Visitors

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 01:00:54 -0500

Here are photos of two strange creatures that have shown up in our yard in the
past couple of weeks. The White Rabbit belongs to our neighbor and our
unofficially adopted "son", Nick Wimmer. The rabbit is evidently traveling on a
regular basis several hundred yards through the woods between our two houses.
I don't know who the skunk belongs to, but whoever it is I hope they come for
it soon. The thing is making me paranoid. When I go outside at night I'm
swinging the flashlight around wildly, trying to see in all directions at once,
so I don't accidently run upon it. I look like a person who is terrified of the
dark and knows that something is about to jump out and get him. If I got spayed
by it I would be in the dog house for sure, that is if the dog would let me in
:)