[bcbirdclub] Spring arrivals

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 08:05:27 -0400

I walked the trail behind my parent's home yesterday and found a couple of new
arrivals. Blue-headed Vireo song filled the air as I walked around the "Dogwood
Lane"-(Dad's name for it). Actually, the morning was full of bird song; a Brown
Thrasher sang from a high perch, Towhee , Cardinal, Robin, Phoebe, Chipping
Sparrow ,Carolina Wren and Titmouse all made their presence known. Finally, a
Black&White Warbler's little squeaky wheel of a song was heard among the
others. I later heard at least 2 other B&W's. Later in the day @ Flannagan Dam
I observed a pr. of Bufflehead, Cooper's Hawk, Red-sh Hawk, Red-tailed Hawk and
Turkey Vulture. Looking forward to our Saturday birding in the Breaks. Maybe
after we bird in the park we could check out Dad's trail.
DaveR/Breaks,VA