[bcbirdclub] Re: Sparrow Day Event

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>, "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:39:56 -0500

Thanks,Roger, for compiling & posting a nice report of our Sparrow Day. Also,
thanks to everyone who made the effort to spend the day with us. Susan & I
really enjoyed hosting the event as always. That flock of blackbirds we kept
looking for dropped in this afternoon. There were Red-wings,
Rusties,Cowbirds,Starlings and a flock of 50+ Grackles. A pretty adult
White-crowned Sparrow showed up at the feeders.
John & Sherry's report of a Bonoparte's Gull @ Breaks Park is only the 2nd
record for that species in this area that I know of. Great find!
DaveR/Breaks