[bcbirdclub] Re: Snowy Owl Beckley WV

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hawk036@xxxxxxx>, "Buchanan County Birdclub" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 23:39:37 -0500

Gorgeous photos Mike.

  From: Michael Sanders
  To: Buchanan County Birdclub
  Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:43 PM
  Subject: [bcbirdclub] Snowy Owl Beckley WV

  I decided to take a drive up to Beckley WV to see the Snowy Owl, hard to pass
up the opportunity especially since its a 2 hour 15 minute drive drive to see
it. The owl was found today sitting on a Toyota Dealership, in a very busy and
crowded area full of businesses,homes, etc. not where a bird of open tundra
would expect to be found, go figure. Glad I made the trip, it may be awhile
before I get another chance this close at one. I was actually leaving after
searching for about 1 1/2 hours without luck when I decided to check Facebook
for updates and found where it was roosting today. I did meet a member of the
Bibbee Nature Club but I cannot remember her name, and I met Cecilia Matthews
who post to the list, good to put a face with a name. Attached are a couple of
digi-scoped pics..

  Mike Sanders
  Bristol, VA

image/jpg