[bcbirdclub] Snowy Owl

  • From: daryl.owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Buchanan County' <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 06:35:14 -0500

    I'm sure everyone who subscribes to Va-birds listserve has seen the
numerous posts about the Snowy Owl in Harrisonburg.  Yesterday the opportunity
to travel to see it presented itself in the form of an already planned trip to
Charlottesville,  so I seized it.  Angie and I arrived there about 12:00 pm and
spent a couple of hours looking for, and finally at, this beautiful bird.  It
never came really close but a nice gentleman named Jerry Jackson allowed me to
view it with his scope.  It was well worth the trip and Angie, whom isn't even
a birder, was thoroughly impressed. (Think she may have caught the bug!)

Hope to see you all soon,

Daryl Owens
Oakwood, VA