[bcbirdclub] Snow Goose in Buchanan County

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 18:17:44 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Today I received a call from my neighbor, Ronald Compton, on a nearby farm here
on Compton Mt. He had found a white bird swimming in his farm pond, and knowing
that I am interested in such things, he gave me a call.
Within minutes Lynda and I were there and found a white morph Snow Goose busily
feeding on the pond. This is only the second reported sighting for Buchanan
County, and the previous one was a blue morph.
I have posted some photos at http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/snow_goose

Buchanan County