[bcbirdclub] Short-eared Owl - Southern Gap

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:00:01 -0500

Last evening Roger and Lynda Mayhorn, Mike Sanders, my father (Willard) and
myself went up to Southern Gap to try to relocate the bird they'd found
Saturday.  Needing this for a lifer, I could hardly wait until work was over to
get up there.  We were not disappointed as after a few minutes of looking it
was spotted in a nearby bush.  We were treated to some very good looks as the
bird allowed us to get fairly close.  Roger and Mike got some great photos and
Mike graciously forwarded me the one below.  Forgive me Mike for posting your
pic.  It was too beautiful not to.

Daryl Owens
Oakwood

JPEG image