[bcbirdclub] Shorebirds and Great Egret - Russell County

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 18:24:21 -0700 (PDT)

In my meanderings around the county this morning I saw a Great Egret flying
near Stuart's Pond. This is the third sighting in the last 3 days of Great
Egrets. Travis Ratliff and I had one at Forty Foot Bridge, and I had another on
the pond near Rt 19 beyond Stuart Land and Cattle.
I also had 25+ shore birds at Stuart's Pond this afternoon. I saw a mixed group
of 20 Yellowlegs along with Solitary Sandpipers, Spotted Sandpipers, Pectoral
Sandpipers and a couple of smaller peeps that were too far away for a positive
id.

Tom

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club