[bcbirdclub] Saturday Birding - Breaks Park - Lunch

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 21:42:52 -0400

As I mentioned in a previous post the BCBC is leading a bird walk in the Breaks
Interstate Park this Saturday, Oct. 8 at 8:00 a.m. The restaurant opens at 7:00
a.m. for those who want to have breakfast there. Some of us will. We will meet
in the lodge parking lot at 8:00 to start the walk.

After the morning of birding we will find a shelter or picnic tables where we
will have lunch. The bird club will provide paper plates, utensils, napkins,
wet ones and paper towels. Each person is responsible for bringing his/her own
sandwich and drink. My wife, Lynda, will bring a vegetable tray with dip and a
fruit tray with sweet dip. Dawn Carrier is bringing potato salad. Any side dish
you would like to bring to further add to the meal would be appreciated.

Come join us and enjoy a nice fall day in a beautiful setting while having the
opportunity to enjoy the annual cycle of colorful, migrating birds, as they
make their way southward to escape the cold of the north.