[bcbirdclub] Re: Rusty Blackbirds - Russell County

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 00:44:10 -0500

The last time I had that many starlings showing up; they were emptying the
feeders in a couple of hours, I had to quit feeding everything for a couple of
weeks to get rid of them!!

Chuck Stiltner

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Roger Mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Tom and Laverne, it sounds like the word has gotten out that your house is
the place to go to get fed in Russell County. That's a good group of
Rusties.They seem to have increased in the area this fall. Just keep the
starlings in Russell County:)
  We have 4 Rusties this morning along with some Grackles and Red-wings, one
Fox Sparrow. I think this is the first time I have seen the Grackles eating the
suet.
  We have 9 inches of snow over here, but it is still falling.

  ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Hunter" <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>