[bcbirdclub] Russell County Bird Club-April Meeting

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 03:54:14 -0700 (PDT)

The Russell County Bird Club held their monthly meeting outside at Hidden
Valley Lake (elevation 3770 feet). Participants were Dave Worley, Diana Worley,
Bob Montgomery, Jean Montgomery, Jerry Thornhill, Travis Ratliff, Laverne
Hunter and Tom Hunter.
During our meeting/bird walk we found Canada Warbler, Black-throated Green
Warbler, Black-throated Blue Warbler, Ovenbird, Red-eyed Vireo, Eastern Towhee,
Ruffed Grouse, Pileated Woodpecker. The highlight of the walk was the excellent
sighting of an Osprey by Diana Worley.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA