[bcbirdclub] Rufous Hummer

  • From: <sweeney11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:23:40 -0500

"Reba"  made a couple of visits to the feeders on our coldest(20 degree)
morning on the 11th(Sunday).  Last observed at 8:11 am.  About 52 hrs. ago.  I
am concerned, but mostly relieved.  Really hoping she moved on to a warmer area
for better availability of insects.  She seemed in excellent health and had
been here for 32 days.  We will keep the feeder going for a few more days in
case she should return.  I now know I will be paying much more attention to the
"hummers" in the future.  I hope the other Rufous HB hosts will post their
final (and on-going)results also.
Thanks,
Steve Sweeney
Ashland, Ky