[bcbirdclub] Re: Rose-breasted Grosbeak

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:45:17 -0400

We're still waiting for our first grosbeak and our first hummer.

The Barred Owl was back in the yard last night. I tried to fool it by tossing a
piece of wiener out in the yard under the tree it was in. It just stared at the
offering, but it wasn't fooled. I guess it couldn't see any fur on that rolling
mouse.

Sometime this morning a hawk must have gotten a dove. There are feathers in the
tree above the pond and feathers on the pond's surface.

We had 15 Purple Finches yesterday. This morning I counted 5 - Still a few
cowbirds and a couple of Red-wings here.