[bcbirdclub] Red-necked Grebe, Snow Goose - Oxbow Lake

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 16:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,
Laverne and I went to Oxbow Lake and then to the Elk Garden area of Russell
County this afternoon.. At Oxbow we were looking for the previously reported RN
Grebe and Snow Goose. We were able to get close looks at both.
At Elk Garden Laverne spotted 14 Wood Ducks at 40 foot bridge. They were
swimming upstream in pairs. One male and one female. We found a few Mallards at
the Mudhole.

Tom Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA