[bcbirdclub] Red-headed Woodpecker and more - Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:55:00 -0400

Hi All,
This morning while I was taking the frost photographs a Red-headed Woodpecker
landed in a tree across the road from the house. I rushed inside to change to
my larger, telephoto lens, but about the time I got back outside a loud truck
went by and scared it away.

I also had an immature White-crowned Sparrow under a feeder this morning as
well as 4 Yellow-rumped Warblers in the yard. We still have a couple of Blue
Jays in the area.