[bcbirdclub] Rat Snake - Compton Mt

  • From: roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:41:02 -0400 (EDT)

Yesterday this reptilian fellow about 2 feet long  was crossing the backyard,
so I grabbed the camera to get a few shots. Notice on one of the shots there is
what looks like a white stick figure on its side. I think this is just broken
scales with white  edges . I'm sure Jayd Raines, the naturalist and expert
herpetologist at the Breaks Park could tell us for sure.

Notice also if you look at the close-up of the snake's eye you can see my
reflection at the moment I took the photo.
I made sure this guy was headed over the hill and  away from the bird boxes and
martin houses when he left.