[bcbirdclub] RCBC Field Trip

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:53:48 -0500

The Russell County Bird Club has a field trip scheduled for Saturday,
November 17.  Mike Sanders is the trip leader.  We'll meet in the parking
lot of Tinseltown Theaters in Bristol, VA, at 8:00 Saturday morning.
Tinseltown is at Exit 7 off I-81.  Mike will take us to several locations in
East Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.  On a similar trip last November,
several club members found 62 species including Bald Eagle, 8 duck species,
3 species of grebes, and other good finds.  This year should be good.  The
weather forecast is for seasonable temperatures and a low probability of
rain.  Make plans to join us.  You don't have to be a member to participate
in the field trips.  We'll have lunch at a convenient restaurant, but you
may want to bring drinks and snacks.

Jerry Thornhill

RCBC President