[bcbirdclub] RCBC Field Trip

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BCBC Listserve'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:06:11 -0400

The Russell County Bird Club has a field trip scheduled for this Saturday,
March 17.  We plan to bird around Carbo and the surrounding area.  Tom
Hunter will be the trip leader.  Those of us from the Lebanon/Rosedale area
will leave from the Lebanon Park & Ride at 8:30 Saturday morning.  If you're
closer to Carbo, we should be at the power plant around 8:45 or so.  You can
meet us there.  Tom says he'll be at Hardees in Lebanon at 8:00 for those
who want to join him for breakfast or a cup of coffee before setting out.
Target birds include Great Blue Herons at the rookery downriver from the
power plant, sparrows, and raptors.  In a preview trip a couple of weeks
ago, four birders from the club had over 50 species for the day.

Everyone is invited to join us for this outing.  Expect to have fun and see
some good birds.

Jerry