[bcbirdclub] RCBC Carbo Field Trip

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bcbc/bird'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 17:11:01 -0400

Several members and friends of the Russell County Bird Club participated in
the annual club trip to the Carbo area of Russell County today.  We found 50
species on this beautiful spring day.  Some highlights included a displaying
gobbler with a harem of 12 hens, a pair of Red-tailed Hawks on a nest, and 9
duck species with most of them found at Lake Bonaventure.  A complete
species list is attached.  I'll post a more complete report on the club web
site in the next couple of days.

Jerry