[bcbirdclub] Re: Purple Mushroom

  • From: Ms Diane Holsinger <dhworkout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>, BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:12:51 -0700 (PDT)

Yes it is a Cortinanus violaceous    IT is not a common murhroom but it not uncommon
one either

I have found this species quite a few times in the woods

As a matter of fact just found it yesterday

It has a cortina around the stalk  which is a spider web like veil

Hope you get this email
My emails have been disappearing