[bcbirdclub] Purple Martins

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 06:36:17 -0400

Night before last a single male Purple Martin came to spend the night in our
martin house. The next morning only two starlings came out. After the starlings
left the martin came back. Around noon it was with a second male martin. They
stayed around for awhile before flying off.
Yesterday evening there were three male martins at the house, and it looked as
if they might spend the night there.
After I drove off the two starlings that had been roosting in the house the
martins settled in for the night. Now if the females show up we will be in
business.
Here is a picture with all three martins present.

JPEG image