[bcbirdclub] Post for 11/15

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:23:15 -0500

Dad & I walked around the Beaver Pond area in the Breaks Park yesterday
afternoon. The birds were actively working the brush piles along the road. Two
Winter Wrens, a Golden-cr Kinglet, 20+Juncos & several White-th Sparrows kept
us entertained until we reached the pond where we found 8 Wood Ducks & a single
female Bufflehead. We also had three woodpecker species, w/Red-bellied,
Pileated & Downy showing up, while the calling of crows led us to find a
Cooper's Hawk flying into the trees. A light rain started falling as we neared
our car & the spot where we had seen a Phoebe earlier. All in all, not bad for
a mid- November walk in the park. DaveR/Breaks VA