[bcbirdclub] Panther State Park, WV - Cardinal Flower

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan Birds <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 05:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Michelle and I rode our mountain bikes for 12 miles or so in Panther State
Park, WV yesterday.  We didn't see many birds but did surprise a Red-tailed
Hawk sitting over the road and not suspecting two bikes to come cruising by in
stealth mode.  There was a Ruffed Grouse that had been killed in the road and
we also found our first Cardinal Flowers of 2009 (see attached pictures.)

Ed and Michelle Talbott