[bcbirdclub] Re: Osprey on Cedar Creek

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Buchanan County Bird Club'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 08:15:37 -0400

It's good to see them back. I actually saw my fos Osprey on the Russell Fork
Sunday P.M.. The Osprey I saw was bathing in shallow water near the bank. I
watched the bird from a good distance above as it dipped it's head under the
water over & over, violently shaking water from it's head & wings when raising
them from the water. Sightings like these just keep us coming back for more.
The big bird had to really pump those wet wings hard to get airborne again.
Dave