[bcbirdclub] On the Road Again

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 20:29:26 -0400

Greetings from Lewes, DE.

Jane & I spent yesterday driving to the Eastern Shore. Today we birded
Chincoteague where we found lots of Tricolored Herons, Snowy Egrets, some
Marbled Godwits, and saw Black Skimmers skimming. Altogether we had over 50
species there. Around 2 o’clock, we headed up to Lewes stopping along the way
in Ocean City, MD, where we saw Purple Sandpipers, Rudy Turnstones, and an
American Oystercatcher from distances of less than 30 feet. Attached are
pictures of the oystercatcher and one of the turnstones.

Tomorrow we plan to bird Bombay Hook NWR and a couple of other spots in DE
before catching the ferry to Cape May.

Jerry