[bcbirdclub] OBX photos

  • From: Daryl Owens <daryl.owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 08:46:26 -0500

Here are some pics from this weekend's trip.  The Nutria pic was taken at Lake
Mattamuskeet as was the American Bittern.  The bittern was standing in this
ditch and posed for an awesome life look from about 20 ft.  The BC Nightheron
was on of at least four seen at Oregon Inlet Marina.  And the Snow Bunting was
just feet from Rte. 12 right before the turn for Bodie Island Lighthouse.  I
had very close views of all the lifers except for the American Oystercatcher
which was a distant scope view.  The family and I had a very memorable trip.
It was very tough to leave on Sunday morning.

Daryl Owens,
Oakwood VA

JPEG image

JPEG image