[bcbirdclub] Re: Northern Harrier and Horned Larks

  • From: "LARRYPINSON" <LARRYPINSON@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 03:58:51 -0500

I began feeding  the blue birds meal worms  in the fall by putting  the worms
on  white lids from 5 gallon pails.  We have
had some  rain lately  and  water pools on the lids, making a problem.  I
bought  a small seed feeder  and put the meal
worms  in it  and  the blue birds are going to the feeder  and taking the
worms.   They can see the meal worms inside the
clear plastic of the  seed feeder,  that has drain holes to keep water from
pooling.   So far, so good.   I  keep the meal
worms  in  a plastic container  with  oats  that are  couple inches deep  in
the cotainer (old cat litter plastic container).
The meal worms were purchased on line.........(rainbow meal worms).       I did
hang the seed feeder  in  a  small tree  that
was  just  above  one of the lids  that  they  had  gotten use to  feeding
from.                      Larry  in Whitley City  Ky.