[bcbirdclub] North Rim birds

  • From: Daniel Kendrick <kendridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan county bird club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:12:18 -0400

Jan and I took a non-birding trip Friday and Saturday to the North Rim of the
Grand Canyon. We were with nonbirders, but as you know, every birder worth his
salt never goes anywhere without his binocs. My best birds were Williamson
Sapsucker (lifer), Evening Grosbeaks (feeding in tops of oaks trees right below
Lodge), Red Crossbills, Steller Jays, Black-throated Gray Warblers, and
Black-headed Grosbeaks. While a few visitors were lucky enough to see Condors,
we struck out on our various trips to the rim. There was another bird I
couldn't pin down, but I suspected that it might have been a Gray Vireo which
would have been another life bird.Oh well. Next time. Dan Kendrick